The other day I wrote about what a job description would look like for a job seeker. I can't stop thinking about the concept. My belief is that most job seekers have not been given good job descriptions. They are not performing well (have been in an extended job search) because they do not know what is expected of them. Nor is anyone evaluating their performance. As a result, they are frustrated. And I think employers are frustrated too, because they have to evaluate so many candidates with varying levels of interviewing skills.
In a networking group we talked about job duties and skills required in the role of job seeker and this is what they came up with:
- Managing on line promotion of company brand (your's)
- Plan and implement marketing strategy/campaign using marketing plan
- Develop new and manage existing relationships
- Ability to perform prospecting on the phone and in
person to build a
pipeline of opportunities
- Increase contact volume and enhance your image in the local community.
- Monitor activities and performance to ensure actual secured jobs meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal
communication skills (Public speaking a
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Database management skills
- Strong active listening abilities
- Ability to self manage (take initiative and stay motivated)
- Familiarity of
research tools (InfoUSA, ONet, Million Dollar
Database, and others)
- Leadership skills
- Keen understanding of business etiquette
Must be a jack of all trades and not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done. Must learn new things daily. Working knowledge of technology, including social media and all Microsoft office products.
How would you rate your monthly performance in those areas?
Exceeds Expectations, Meets Expectations, Needs Improvement