Great Leadership addressed the issue of leadership differences between large and small companies.
In the post, Dan McCarthy cites a landmark leadership development study which indicates that great leadership is formed from these experiences:
1. Job changes
2. Challenging, stretch assignments (without changing jobs)
3. Other people (good & bad managers, mentors, coaches)
4. Hardships (learning from trauma, failure)
5. Other (programs, books, etc…)
If you are seeking your next opportunity within the small company sector, ALL of these leadership growth opportunities exist, never fear!
There are many benefits to working in a small company as well as Keppie Careers post pointed out:
- Improved work/life balance
- Less political
- Better company culture