Job search is rough on the emotions. It takes us places we don't want to go...feeling rejected, vulnerable, angry, anxiety-ridden, depressed and sometimes all at the same time.
Check these emotions at the door before you leave your home.
Amazingly, many people don't see this in themselves, or if they do, perhaps they feel entitled to these emotions.
It is OK and even normal to have these feelings. Find someone who will listen when you are having a "spell".
What can you do to prevent and release these emotions:
- Don't take it personally, rejection is part of the process
- Identify a friend who will listen
- Identify another friend who will call you out on your behavior
- Identify yet another friend who will pull you out of a slump
- The decision to let you go was a business transaction only
- This is going to take longer than you want, brace yourself financially
- Carve time out for things you enjoy doing or take up a new hobby
Most likely, everyone will have to go through this job search again. This won't be the last time and believe it or not, it will be easier next time.