I don't think anyone could disagree that times are tough. It can be our personal traits that change how we conquer the issues.
In a post from Fast Company, Six Traits that Separate the Achievers from the Wannabes. Here they are (original source Echoing Green):
- Core identity formation and alignment. "These folks," she said, "have reached a level of authenticity in life. They have found purpose and passion. They know what they're on earth to do. They're in the Social Change 'zone.' They have head/heart alignment."
- Focused and ability to execute with alacrity. "It's not enough to have an idea. You must be able to prove your model is having an impact and build on it."
- Solutions oriented.
- Asset based thinking. "Most of us deficit based thinkers," Dorsey said. "But instead of seeing the world as filled with problems, they see opportunities. They see the glass as half full, and execute against all odds."
- Resource magnet. They're able to draw money, garner human capital, and attract media attention.
- Deep and unshakable commitment to a cause.
Echoing Green calls these "social entrepreneurship intelligence".
It doesn't matter if you are in accounting, nursing or administrative support. These are the new norms employers will be looking for within every level of the organization.
With the majority of job growth happening in small to medium sized companies, these companies need multi-talented contributors.
Be the one with a "can do" attitude and demonstrate your passion!